Re: FYI, Second Edition Release Candidate 1 now available

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 08:44:30PM +0900, Akira Yokosawa wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 21:37:28 -0800, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Release Candidate 1 of the Second Edition is now available, and I have
> > started a prototype blog entry: https://paulmck.livejournal.com/59935.html
> > Please let me know of any omissions or errors in this blog entry.
>
> Wouldn't it be worth while mentioning the availability of the "nq" build
> targets?

Good point!  How about like this?

	Those who find Quick Quizzes distracting will be happy to learn
	that "make nq" relegates both the quizzes and their answers to
	the end of each chapter, similiar to common practice in textbooks.

Maybe I should also show what "make help" and "make help-full" print out.

							Thanx, Paul

>         Thanks, Akira
>
> PS:
>
> My experiment on index annotations is progressing but slowly.
> Besides the hierarchical indexing, I'm attempting to make use of
> the "glossaries" or the "glossaries-extra" package to manage indexing
> of acronyms.
> Once it becomes stable enough, I'll submit an RFC pull request.
> That would be after the release of Second Edition.
>
> >                                                                    I expect
> > to post it to my social media accounts in a few days.
> >
> > And thank you all for your interest in and contributions to perfbook!
> >
> > 							Thanx, Paul

[Index of Archives]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]