Towards second edition

Hello!

I finally found and fixed the rcu_barrier() bug [1], so I should again
be able to devote some big-system test time to redoing performance
results in perfbook.  Once that is done, I expect that it is time for
the second edition.

I might also convert the blank page hiding the solution to the Dining
Philosophers Problem to a quick quiz, but I consider this optional.

Are there any other changes that are needed? [2]

							Thanx, Paul

[1] The fix is at 77abca1c358a ("rcu: Make rcu_barrier() account for
    offline no-CBs CPUs") in -rcu, in case anyone is curious.

[2] Here is a list of some things that I believe can follow the second
    edition:

	Expand lock-free algorithm discussion to include LIFO push,
	illustrating the infamous pointer-zap issue.  (See ISO SC22
	WG21 P1726R3, which should appear in a couple of weeks, for
	more details.)

	Add text describing the Issaquah Challenge.

	Add text describing skiplists, one of the more concurrency
	friendly data structures.

	Add text describing data-race detectors such as KCSAN.  (This needs
	to wait for more Linux-kernel experience.)

	Additional material from todo.txt.  ;-)

[Index of Archives]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]