Re: Release/edition plans

On 2018/10/18 13:34:14 -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I would normally have done a perfbook release by now, given that the last
> one was in November 2017.  My lame excuse is that creating 340 RCU/LKMM
> patches thus far this year turned out to be a bit harder than it looks.
>
> My current thought is to get a release out in the next month or two,
> and to get the second edition out in 2019.
>
> Thoughts?

I'd like to know your rough plan to reflect the LKMM/RCU updates to
perfbook. Those updates affect mostly Chapter 15 and Section 9.5.

I understand that perfbook will keep slightly out-of-date because of
the always moving goal post. ;-)

Also, update of Style Guide is in my todo list to explain the new scheme
of code snippet handled by fancyvrb.  Hopefully, that can be done in a month
or so.

OTOH, actual conversion of code snippets can take much longer. Labeling
lines in snippets is not trivial and can only be done one by one.
No need to harry in this respect, I suppose.

        Thanks, Akira

> 							Thanx, Paul

[Index of Archives]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]