Re: perfbook

On 2018/10/27 21:58, Andrea Parri wrote:
>> Just want to make sure the gs version.
>>
>> "gs -v" on my Ubuntu 18.04 says:
>>
>> GPL Ghostscript 9.25 (2018-09-13)
>> Copyright (C) 2018 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.
>>
>> What does your "gs -v" say?
>
> It said:
>
> GPL Ghostscript GIT PRERELEASE 9.25 (2018-03-21)
> Copyright (C) 2018 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.
>
> which suggested that my previous "from ubuntu 18.04" was in fact not
> matching reality: it looks like I installed gs from sources, only a
> few months ago, and completely forgot about it. ;/  Mah,

Ah!

>                                                          I manually
> removed my binary (/usr/local/bin/gs), and apt-purged-and-installed
> fig2ps ghostscript ghostscript-x gv.
>

> Now it says:
>
> GPL Ghostscript 9.25 (2018-09-13)
> Copyright (C) 2018 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.
>
> which seems to match what you reported above.  I was then able to
> generate perfbook.pdf, even though with a bunch of:
>
> CodeSamples/SMPdesign/smpalloc.canonical.eps --> CodeSamples/SMPdesign/smpalloc.canonical.pdf
> GPL Ghostscript 9.25: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
That's why the output of e2ping is redirected to /dev/null in the Makefile.

> I only had a quick look at the generated .pdf, but I haven't noticed
> issues.  Are those errors expected?  Any other suggestion?

As I mentioned earlier, the error message from gs is
expected and can be safely ignored for perfbook.pdf generation.
Please restore Makefile by "git checkout -- Makefile".

Glad to know you can now build .pdf on your own.

And if you will ever do the first-time build again, you can do
parallel make by saying "make -j4" (4 is for a quad-core machine).

You can try it by "make neatfreak; make -j4" if you'd like to.

        Thanks, Akira

> Thanks,
>   Andrea
>

>>         Akira

[Index of Archives]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]