Re: synchronization between two process without lock

> Hi,
> I am sure the subject explain my intention. I got two processes trying
> to modifying the same place. I want them to do it one after one, or,
> if their operations interleave, I would like to let them know that the
> content have been changed and polluted by the other so that the
> content should be given up. That is, I would rather give up the data,
> if polluted, than having a false one.
>
> I try to set a atomic ref counter, but it seems impossible to do that
> without a lock to synchronize.
>
> Note that I don't want a strict synchronization: the situation is a
> lot better. The data can be given up if that place has been polluted.

Let's explain some of my reasoning: if process A use some flag to
indicate that it has entered the critical region, then if it crash
before it can reset the flag, all following processes cannot enter
that region. But if process A cannot use flag for indication, how to
other people know (how to synchronization)?

Yubin