Re: [RFC PULL] Bibliography URL cleanup

On 2016/12/24 23:05:05 -0800, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 03:47:19PM -0800, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 05, 2016 at 05:16:19PM +0900, Akira Yokosawa wrote:
>>> Hi Paul,

>>> [snip]

>>> I see. I misunderstood the circumstances. So you made only a part of your
>>> bib files public.

>>> I said to make "some sample replacement patches", but it became quite
>>> intensive changes. So I'm sending them as a pull request. I don't expect
>>> you to actually pull them as it is, but just to pull them on a local
>>> branch and see what they look like.
>>
>> I have pulled thme into akiyks.2016.11.05a, and pushed the first nine
>> patches.  I am reflecting those changes in my bib sources as well.
>> Looked sane at first glance, but yes, I need to work out how to handle
>> the later ones with other documents...
>
> And the later .bib edits seem compatible with my current tools, even
> without the script and .bst changes.  So I have applied them in tandem
> to my .bib source and to the perfbook bibliography.  I was able to
> find valid URLs for a few of the entries, so used them instead of
> \nolinkurl{}, but several do appear to be quite dead.
>
> I also applied the alphapf.bst changes, but left inlinelinks disabled
> for the time being.  (I am concerned about leaving authors off.)
>
> Thank you very much for your work on this!!!

You are welcome!

Now, the branch "bib-append-doi" might have some conflicts.
I'll rebase it and submit a v2 of the PULL request.

inlinelinks seems to have upper limits of around 13 authors.
I've not found any workaround of the issue...
Can't you live with a short author field supplemented by a note of
full authors list?

                                                   Thanks, Akira

> 							Thanx, Paul

[snip]