Re: [GIT PULL] Cosmetic fixes round 3 and other fixes

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 12:08:11AM +0900, Akira Yokosawa wrote:
> On 2016/07/10 23:41, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> >On Sat, Jul 09, 2016 at 03:24:51PM +0900, Akira Yokosawa wrote:
> >>Hi Paul,
> >>
> >>Today, because of the weather, I have time to do clean up the cosmetic
> >>fixes. Appended are two pull requests.
> >
> >Very good!  I pulled both and pushed them out.  I made a small change
> >to the label for the table that you (rightly) changed to a figure,
> >so that it is prefixed by "tab:" rather than "fig:".
> >

> Oh, I missed those labels...
>
> So, I reviewed latex source of recently added figures.
> You are still using 'center' environment within 'figure' environment.
> That will cause extra small vertical spacing between the body of the
> figure and its caption.
>
> In stead of doing such as:
>
> \begin{figure}[tb]
> \begin{center}
> \resizebox{{2.5in}{!}{\includegraphics{path-to-figure}}
> \end{center}
> \caption{foo bar}
> \label{fig:foo bar}
> \end{figure}
>
> please do this way:
>
> \begin{figure}[tb]
> \centering
> \resizebox{{2.5in}{!}{\includegraphics{path-to-figure}}
> \caption{foo bar}
> \label{fig:foo bar}
> \end{figure}

I fixed the one that I added to defer/refcnt.tex, good catch.

> Also, there are templates in ".Templates/figure-graphics" that
> use the 'center' environment. They should also be fixed to use
> \centering instead.

Actually, unless you have objections, I intend to remove them.  My
practice for a long time has been to copy existing figures.  In fact,
I had forgotten that the .Template directory even existed.  ;-)

And that is how the new figure was done the old way -- I copied the
definition before I applied your changes.

> For reference, please see (for example):
>
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/2651/should-i-use-center-or-centering-for-figures-and-tables
>
> for people's opinions. (The long URL might be wrapped arround)

Fair enough!

							Thanx, Paul