Re: Trouble building perfbook

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 04:52:14PM +1100, Andrew Donnellan wrote:
> Hi perfbook list,
>
> I'm having trouble building perfbook (latest git) - am encountering
> a weird fatal TeX error. I'm using the current TeXLive 2015 from
> Debian stable.
>
> The TeX logfile is available at [0].
>
> I've taken a look at the section of perfbook_flat.tex that it refers
> to, and I can't see anything particularly out of the ordinary. My
> LaTeX-fu isn't quite good enough to figure out what's going on here
> - any assistance would be appreciated!
>

> Andrew
>

> [0] http://pastebin.com/r4rMzF4d

This looks like the same LaTeX bug that Borislav Petkov ran into
some time back.  He came up with the workaround below, does this
work for you?

Just out of curiosity, what distro are you using?  I haven't run into
this myself on either Ubuntu 12.04 or 14.04.

							Thanx, Paul

Apparently, it is still an open bug which seems unresolved even in tex
upstream, AFAICT:

I tried the suggested workaround first by replacing \lstinline in

/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/listings/listings.sty

with it but it complained about an undefined command. Then I went and
did this:

\newcommand\lstinline[1][]{%
   \leavevmode\bgroup % \hbox\bgroup --> \bgroup
     \def\lst@boxpos{b}%
     \lsthk@PreSet\lstset{flexiblecolumns,#1}%
     \lsthk@TextStyle
     \ifnum\iffalse{\fi`}=\z@\fi
     \@ifnextchar\bgroup{%
        \ifnum`{=\z@}\fi%
        \afterassignment\lst@InlineG \let\@let@token}{%
        \ifnum`{=\z@}\fi\lstinline@}}

and the pdf was built successfully.

This this goes into

/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/listings/listings.sty

which is part of texlive-latex-recommended. It needs to be fixed in the
distro.