Re: [PEAR] creating a faux package produces bad dates

Please reply on-list instead of to me directly.

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Thomas Anderson <zelnaga@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Brett Bieber <brett.bieber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> What date are you referring to? Which .tgz, and what dates? I see
>> you're trying to use the Validate package, what methods were you
>> using, or what were you trying when the error occurs?
>
> It's just a *.tgz I was trying to create for test purposes with "pear
> package".  And it's not that I'm "trying" to use the Validate package
> - if "pear package" didn't use the Validate package I wouldn't be
> using it myself.
>
> And the dates are the files in the *.zip.  package.xml and the various
> *.php files mentioned in package.xml.

Aha. Your package.xml must be invalid?

pear package-validate

should help you out, otherwise you can use something like xmllint
--valid package.xml --schema /path/to/packagexmlv2.xsd

The PEAR package file manager package can help build the package.xml
if you're having trouble, or you can also use the developer tools in
Pyrus to generate a package.xml from a standard package layout.

--
Brett Bieber