Adding statistics for remote authentication

Hi,

I'm working on adding LDAP and Radius-based authentication to a network appliance, and implementing ietf-system.yang in the process (well, sort of).

Anyway, the YANG standards include statistics like retransmits and timeouts for both... but we don't currently support that.

What do the architects of PAM think about adding statistics for remote authentication services?

Thanks,

-Philip