How to disable PAM password authentication, for SSHD, in CentOS 7.4

Hi all,

For a small project I am collaborating on, I need to disable any possible password-based authentication in PAM, for SSH, so that the only authentication happens through a script called via pam_exec. This is how the sshd pam module looks, after having commented out the "auth substack password-auth" entry

#%PAM-1.0
auth required pam_sepermit.so
auth sufficient pam_exec.so stdout /bin/script_auth.sh
#auth substack password-auth
auth include postlogin
# Used with polkit to reauthorize users in remote sessions
-auth optional pam_reauthorize.so prepare
account required pam_nologin.so
account include password-auth
password include password-auth
# pam_selinux.so close should be the first session rule
session required pam_selinux.so close
session required pam_loginuid.so
# pam_selinux.so open should only be followed by sessions to be executed in the user context
session required pam_selinux.so open env_params
session required pam_namespace.so
session optional pam_keyinit.so force revoke
session include password-auth
session include postlogin
# Used with polkit to reauthorize users in remote sessions
-session optional pam_reauthorize.so prepare

The contents of password-auth are the defaults:

#%PAM-1.0
# This file is auto-generated.
auth required pam_env.so
auth sufficient pam_unix.so nullok try_first_pass
auth requisite pam_succeed_if.so uid >= 1000 quiet_success
auth required pam_deny.so

account required pam_unix.so
account sufficient pam_localuser.so
account sufficient pam_succeed_if.so uid < 1000 quiet
account required pam_permit.so

password requisite pam_pwquality.so try_first_pass local_users_only retry=3 authtok_type=
password sufficient pam_unix.so sha512 shadow nullok try_first_pass use_authtok
password required pam_deny.so

session optional pam_keyinit.so revoke
session required pam_limits.so
-session optional pam_systemd.so
session [success=1 default=ignore] pam_succeed_if.so service in crond quiet use_uid
session required pam_unix.so

So my question is: does anybody know why am I getting a "Broken pipe" error when logging in with this module, and I can see on the server journal a pam_setcred error? How can I achieve my goal?

Thank you very much for your time,
Felix