Re[2]: pam lsm

Thanks for your reply.

I did some reading and found that the called cmds/appl have to implement PAM functions or nothing much happens.

Thanks again for your time.

--
spaesani@xxxxxxxx

Friday, 12 August 2016, 04:36AM -04:00 from Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx:

On 11.08.16 18:08, spaesani@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>Is PAM a linux security module (policy really)?

no.

>If not how does it usurp file permissions?

it does not.

>Is the kernel modified for PAM?  Or is there some other general kernel feature like LSM being used?  If so which one?

no, no.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
BSE = Mad Cow Desease ... BSA = Mad Software Producents Desease