Getting pam_env.so to show up correctly in common-auth-pc using pam-config

Hi,

Unsure if the pam-config tool is SuSE specific or not, but I’ve some questions about it’s handling of pam_env, and how the default pam configuration is built.

Doing a plain install of openSUSE 13.2, the common-auth-pc file, which is symlinked to common-auth, has the following stanza:

auth    required        pam_env.so
auth    sufficient      pam_unix2.so
auth    required        pam_winbind.so  use_first_pass

However, when I try to recreate the configuration with pam-config, pam_env.so shows up in common-session-pc instead:

session required        pam_unix2.so
session required        pam_winbind.so
session optional        pam_env.so

I’m trying to find out at this point, does the installer for openSUSE use it’s own routines for generating the PAM configuration or does it somehow pass the configuration to pam-config that I haven’t figured how to duplicate?

If the installer uses it’s own routines, which is right? The installer, or pam-config?

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Volunteer developer of the KDE F/OSS project and Project Lead for AltimatOS