Pam installation issues

Hi,

I am having some issues getting libapache-mod-auth-pam installed on my ubuntu system. Not sure if it would be covered in this mailing list but I thought I should give it a try as I am really struggling.

I have tried to install libapache-mod-auth-pam using the usual methods sudo apt-get install libapache-mod-auth-pam and also using the package manager with dpkg -i libapache-mod-auth-pam but I recieve the same error with both packages.

Here is the error I receive. I'm not sure if this is ubuntu specific or related to an issue with libapache_mod_auth_pam.

Error: mod_gzip.so does not have a corresponding .info file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

David-Allan Raeburn
Linux System Administrator