Re: Re: Question regarding pam.conf

Thank you Dan.

Just one more question, If i specify this -
su auth requisite pam_group.so no_warn group=wheel fail_safe root_only

PAM documentation says that above will be skipped if target user is root.

However i tried , su - tester (tester is not root and not part of wheel group), It denies. That's fine.

Then i do su -, That is also denied.

Do you have any insight into this behavior?

Thanks
Amit

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 15:37:39 +0530 wrote
>On 29.08.2009 10:40, Amit Kumar wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to setup pam.conf file which allows users to login with
> radius or password mechanism.
>
> I want to restrict to do su - (Superuser to root) depending on user
> groups. However users still can do su - but not root.
>
> I believe that i need to check originating User and Target User but do
> not get information on this.
>
> As of now, my pam.conf file allows everybody to do su - (with root
> password).
>
> Please help.

pam_wheel.so from PAM distribution will help you. Read README in pam_wheel
directory of PAM source package.
--

Sincerely Your, Dan.