Minimal configuration

I am trying to apply PAM to a Linux system. The system could be considered as minimal and there is no login at all (autologin of user XXX via rungetty).
The reason for use of PAM is to provide control of resource limits (rtprio, memlock, nice) to applications.

I would be very happy if someone would be able to guide me towards a working PAM configuration for the above mentioned system. I know the details of how to set up /etc/security/limits.conf and seek for help regarding how to set up the various pam config files required.

Kind Regards

Lars