RE: How to save a copy of user's input password?

Sorry to jump in, but yes, its possible. But you'd have to write your own module and I don't think you'll get much help here because well, there's no 'white hat' reason to capture the password.

Note: Password could be a character string, or a converted biometric pattern, or anything.

Why don't you explain why you want to capture the password? Perhaps there's a better way to achieve what you want?