Re: pam_getenv

On Fri, Nov 28, Tomas Mraz wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 15:17 +0530, Sudarshan Soma wrote:
> > Thanks Tomas.
> > I was refering to this document which refers ro SOLARIS APIs . Just
> > wanted to clarify on linux. Thanks so much.
> >

> > http://cc.in2p3.fr/doc/phpman.php?parameter=pam_getenv&mode=man
>
> Hmm, that's bad as it meens that's another thing we (Linux-PAM) differ
> from Solaris. It also means for you if you want to support both
> Linux-PAM and Solaris PAM you'll have to #ifdef the free() call
> appropriately.

XSSO (http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/008329799/pam_getenv.htm#tagcjh_07_08)
says, that the application has to free the return variable. Means
Solaris is right and Linux-PAM wrong according to XSSO.

But: openpam as used on *BSD and MacOS claims to be conform to XSSO,
but they also don't use a copy of the value.
Means currently Solaris is incompatible to openpam and Linux-PAM in
this regard.

  Thorsten

GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)