Re: pam cuts of email address in a cyrus setup

On Wed, Jan 23, rupert wrote:

> Hi,
> im running a cyrus murder cluster that access a mysql Table for
> authentification,
> i just switched to the pam_mysql module because we need hashed passwords in
> the DB.
> When I try to login with an email address as username PAM cuts of everything
> after the "@".
> Login works fine with an account that has a crypted pasword and no domain
> attached
> Where can i define the query for PAM?

PAM in general does ont modify the login name.
There are two possibilities:

- the pam_mysql module has a special handling for this, to
  find out you have to look at the pam_mysql source code

- Your console/whatever interface you are using to login handles
  '@' as special control character.

>From looking at your log files, whever is logging "do_auth" got already
the short version of your user name. So it seems it goes lost between
frontend and backend.

  Thorsten

GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)