RE: How do I...?

The suggestion I was making was regarding the real
/etc/pam.d on the PXE server.

I.e. boot up a regular RedHat (or Ubuntu if you just
want a LiveCD test) on one of the PXE client/workstation
machines, then try mounting the NFS share off the PXE
server.

My assumption from your description(s) is that this will
fail with the credentials that you are using.