Re: trouble configuring pam using pam_ldap and pam_mount

I tried that first (but didn't go into too much trouble yet). I thought 'pam_mount' would be nicer because it can be configured so that volumes are only mounted when a user logs on (if I understood correctly with autofs the volumes are mounted on startup, also the howto I found described that for each user you should add an entry in the LDAP server for his/her homedirectory).

The way I have configured it now it almost works. The only thing I need now is prefent using pam_mount when a local user logs on (or I might consider leaving it like it is now, but that would cause problems when there are local accounts having the same username as network accounts... which off course is a bad thing either way).

Heiko