User auth with given pwd string

Hi,

I'm working on a project which requires that a password and a username are sended
over an network connection (of course encrypted.). Then the user should
be authenticated with his sent password (and username)
 The problem is how can I do this with PAM? Everything I found was about a
authentication over a terminal (the example program in the documentation)
 and the documentation itself doesn't help me.
Knows somebody a solution for my Problem?

Benjamin