Pam module to authenticate against user:md5 list

Hi,

I was looking for a PAM module that can authenticate to a flat file list
using a user/passwd pair (where password can be a cleartext password, or
crypt or md5).

Much like pam_unix or pam_userdb, but using a custom file (not
/etc/passwd).

This would be very useful for small setups using postfix/dovecot/saslauthd
using the same pam configuration using the same file. Now dovecot can use
such a file directly, but saslauthd doesn't seem to support this.

Kind regards,
--   dag wieers,  dag@xxxxxxxxxx,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --