Re: New PAM-Module: pam-cifs

I have done some work in this area, but my solution uses automount. It might be of interest:
http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/smbfs/index.html

John.

Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wilhelm Meier wrote:

Hello everybody,

I wrote a simple Linux-PAM module named pam_cifs which is of special interest to all linux-cifs-client users:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pam-cifs

pam_cifs is responsible for mounting cifs-shares on login of users to the system. It is really usefull in combination with pam_ldap and nss_ldap. The unmounting of cifs-shares is done via a little daemon, to ensure, that the filesystem isn't in use anymore.

This is a very (!) early state of this project (currently version 0.4), but it works. Compared to pam_mount this module is much, much simpler and has a different architecture and its limitations.

Kind regards,

Wilhelm Meier
email: meier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

John Newbigin