Re: The infamous "check pass; user unknown"

Thanks, will try this.

Oliver

Tay, Gary wrote:

So far I have seen these "check pass" msgs when doing console gui login
(gdm/login), I guess some binaries in the background were running as
root prilvileges.

If you have "rootdn" defined in /etc/ldap.conf may be you could provide
a /etc/ldap.secret, pls "chmod 400" this file, and see if it would make
a difference.

I noticed that when I finally got "automount" to work with LDAP maps
(OpenLDAP and/or SUN ONE DS5.2), I stopped seeing these messages, no
sure if it is just pure coincidence?

Gary

--
Oliver Schulze L.