Re: statically linked pam?

Justin F. wrote:
I have been given the daunting task of putting a 3rd party pam module
into rpm format, the catch is that it needs to be statically
compiled, easy enough right? Well I looked around and the
documentation on this is rather lacking- here's what I need to do as
I understand it:

Call me crazy (I'm not the foremost expert on RPM packaging), but why not dynamic linking? Can't you just do dependencies for the external libs you need, and drop the module in place? Perhaps there is more to the packaging stuff than I realize, but I'd almost do the dynamic linking so that you aren't stuck with one specific version of a lib, right? *note, my naivity is probably REALLY showing through right now.*

Joe