pam_ldap authentication based on pam_groupdn

I'm wondering if someone can point out my error here. I've got PAM authenticating ssh users like so:

auth required pam_nologin.so no_warn
auth sufficient pam_opie.so no_warn no_fake_prompts
auth requisite pam_opieaccess.so no_warn allow_local
auth sufficient /usr/local/lib/pam_ldap.so config=/usr/local/etc/openldap/ldap-ssh.conf debug try_first_pass
auth required pam_unix.so no_warn try_first_pass
account required pam_login_access.so
account sufficient /usr/local/lib/pam_ldap.so debug
account required pam_unix.so
session required pam_permit.so
password sufficient /usr/local/lib/pam_ldap.so debug
password required pam_unix.so no_warn try_first_pass

bash-2.05b# cat /usr/local/etc/openldap/ldap-ssh.conf
host 127.0.0.1
base dc=example,dc=com
rootbinddn cn=proxyuser,dc=example,dc=com
scope one
#pam_filter objectclass=posixaccount
#pam_login_attribute uid
pam_groupdn cn=ssh,ou=groups,dc=example,dc=com
pam_member_attribute memberuid
pam_password SSHA
nss_base_passwd         ou=users,dc=example,dc=com?one
nss_base_shadow         ou=users,dc=example,dc=com?one
nss_base_group          ou=groups,dc=example,dc=com?one

So I'm trying to permit users who are only members of the group "ssh". As per this ldap entry below, this one user should only be permitted to ssh in:

dn: cn=ssh,ou=groups,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: posixGroup
objectClass: top
cn: ssh
gidNumber: 10009
memberUid: testuser.discord.ca

This isn't working. Anyone can ssh in so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I have an nss_ldap.conf which the pam queries also, but will a config explicitly configured as I have done above override the the nss_ldap.conf?

Any ideas?