Re: Local address from PAM module?

the localhost? You could to a gethostbyname(). See http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man3/gethostbyname.3.html.

Hope that is what you are looking for, I have never used this function but it should work fine in a shared object.

Jason DiCioccio wrote:

Greetings.
 I am dabbling for the first time in the PAM API, and have
encountered a bump in the what has otherwise been smooth road.  I am
writing a module that needs to check the local address that a user is
connecting to in order to determine where to look next for its
information.  It is basically a virtual hosting type setup.  My
question is, how can I obtain this information, if at all, from my
module?  I would like this to be compatible with most things that
already use pam without me having to patch them to do a pam_set_item()
call.  Is this possible?

 Thanks in advance!
 Jason DiCioccio

Jason Gerfen