Re: PATCH: crypt(3) password support for pam_userdb

Hi,

Thanks for you patch, I applied it into a separate (unofficial) branch.

You can check it out there, with subversion:

svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/pam-st

viewcvs: http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/pam-st/

For those interested by pam-st, it's just a place where I apply patchs. I think it would be wise to merge it into the officiel cvs head then.

Sebastien.

Paul Walmsley wrote:

Hello,

while converting a PureFTPd installation to vsftpd, we needed pam_userdb
to authenticate against crypt(3)'d passwords stored in its password
database. The following patch against pam_userdb in Linux-PAM-0.77
implements this.

After this patch is installed, the default behavior is to use plaintext
passwords, the same as the current version of pam_userdb.  But if
'crypt=crypt' is included in the PAM service configuration file,
pam_userdb will expect to find crypted passwords in its database.

Comments welcome.

- Paul