Re: Pam-list digest, Vol 1 #933 - 1 msg

pam-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Send  submissions to
	pam-list@xxxxxxxxxx

	pam-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx

	pam-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx

than "Re: Contents of Pam-list digest..."

Today's Topics:

1. mod_auth_pam and groups (Jean-Rene Cormier)

Subject:
mod_auth_pam and groups
From:
Jean-Rene Cormier <jean-rene.cormier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:16:30 -0400
To:
pam-list@xxxxxxxxxx

Hi, I have a problem where I need to setup mod_auth_pam to authenticate against a OpenLDAP directory using pam_ldap. When I use "require group somegroup" in my .htaccess I get a "configuration error: couldn't check access. No groups file?" error in my error log. Looking at the OpenLDAP logs I can see that it doesn't check for groups info at all. I tried the exact same .htaccess file on another box with Apache 1.3 and it worked but with Apache 2.0 I get that error. Anybody knows what could be wrong?

Jean-Rene Cormier

I guess, in addition to the pam module, you will
need to install and set up the name service switch
module: /lib/libnss_ldap.so.2 and modify your '/etc/nsswitch.conf' adding ldap, e.g.:

group: files ldap

I got a home-brew test utility to check out all
of the various functions concerning PAM and NSS.
It's much easier to use than try+error along with
apache & friends. If you like, i'll send you a copy.

Regards, Andreas --

Dr. Andreas G. Schindler        c/o Alpha Zero One Computersysteme GmbH
schindler@xxxxxx                Frankfurter Str. 141, D-63303 Dreieich
Tel +49 6103 57187 21           Germany