Re: Authenticating duplicate user in NIS & local

If you had a pam_nis (maybe this one works -->
http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~pjb1008/project/pam_nis/)
you could stack it with pam_unix, and list both as 'sufficient', so that if
the first one fails, it will fall back on the second one. In order to work
seamlessly (without multiple prompts from the different modules), you'd
probably stack pam_unix first, and then pam_nis, with a (hopefully supported)
'use_first_pass' option. If it's not supported, you'll have to sacrifice some
speed by going to NIS before local files I suppose.