Re: Expired Password using Pam and openssh

aah....now we are talking.....thanks for the response.
darryl

Ethan Benson wrote:
On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 10:49:00AM -0500, Darryl Cook wrote:

I am trying to set sshd up to use pam with moderate success.  I can get
pam to allow users to login just fine.  The problem is when their
password is expired.  I have messed with it for about 2 solid days now
reading all the archives I can find but to no avail.  When the password
is expired, it asks for the current password and then asks for the new
password.   I enter the new password and it then just crashes.  Ill post
/var/log/messages and other info below.

platform :   Redhat 9
sshd:          version 3.7.1p2

this version of ssh has broken pam support.

try the latest daily snapshot, pam works reasonably well with it,
password expiration works correctly even with PrivSep == YES