Apache Mod_pam auth gotcha (should this be documented?)

Hiya

Just a quick note about something that I think should be documented
better in the Apache mod_pam docs
(http://pam.sourceforge.net/mod_auth_pam/faq.html perhaps?).

If you have the 'nullok' argument in /etc/pam.d/httpd, then you *won't*
get prompted for a password by PAM (and if you don't have passthrough
enabled, it'll give you a server error)..

Took me bloody ages to work that out ;)

I'm sure that this interaction is one of those things that is very
obvious for developers, however it's not quite the expected behaviour
(I.E. if I turn auth on, I expect to be asked to auth ;) ).

Cheers
Tomas Doran <tomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Northern Principle Limited
www.principle.co.uk