RE: login access denied for Kerberos users

I have installed Kerberos and PAMS and AFS on my Debian machine running
on an Itanium 2. I have done the following to configure it

1. install hesiod and pam packages

  $ apt-get install hesiod autofs-hesiod libpam-krb5
	libpam-openafs-session

2. change the pam_unix.so line in /etc/pam.d/common-auth to look
	like:

   auth     sufficient    pam_unix.so

3. add the following line to /etc/pam.d/common-auth:

   auth     required      pam_krb5.so try_first_pass

4. add the following 2 lines to /etc/pam.d/common-session:

   session  optional      pam_krb5.so
   session  optional      pam_openafs_session.so

5. modify the passwd and group lines in /etc/nsswitch.conf to look
	like:

   passwd:        <leave whatever is there> hesiod
   group:         <leave whatever is there> hesiod

6. add the following line to /etc/nsswitch.conf:

	automount:     hesiod

For some reason I can still no longer log in with a valid username and
password. Is there any way to debug this or help figure out if pams is
even operating correctly?

I am new to Pams, so please forgive the noobieness of this question.

-Adam

--
Adam Parrish
Asst. Linux Administrator