Some questions while building packages for slack

Hi there list,

Pretty sure my questions come from inexperience with PAM. So please bear
with me :D

Lately I've been busy with OpenLDAP and Samba. One of the things which
would make life easier with these would be PAM.
Unfortunatelly the distro I use - Slackware - does not have PAM.

So I decided to make my own Linux-PAM-Slackware packages (and
recompiling a bunch of standard Slackware stuff like the Shadowm package
:D)

But building the Slackware package I came across something I can't keep
wondering about.

I configured with `./configure --enable-docdir=/usr/doc/pam-0.77`

I use checkinstall to build the actual package. And checkinstall warned
me about installed files being left behind in the build dir.

And sure enough when I check the package content there are files from my
home dir:

 ./home/
 ./home/pkn/
 ./home/pkn/pam/
 ./home/pkn/pam/Linux-PAM-0.77/
 ./home/pkn/pam/Linux-PAM-0.77/bin/
 ./home/pkn/pam/Linux-PAM-0.77/bin/xsh
 ./home/pkn/pam/Linux-PAM-0.77/bin/blank
 ./home/pkn/pam/Linux-PAM-0.77/bin/check_user
 ./home/pkn/pam/Linux-PAM-0.77/doc/
 ./home/pkn/pam/Linux-PAM-0.77/doc/pdf/
 ./home/pkn/pam/Linux-PAM-0.77/doc/pdf/pam_appl.pdf
 ./home/pkn/pam/Linux-PAM-0.77/doc/pdf/pam_modules.pdf
 ./home/pkn/pam/Linux-PAM-0.77/doc/pdf/pam.pdf
 ./home/pkn/pam/Linux-PAM-0.77/modules/
 ./home/pkn/pam/Linux-PAM-0.77/modules/pam_unix/
 ./home/pkn/pam/Linux-PAM-0.77/modules/pam_unix/pam_unix.so

(deleted some columns to get it to fit this email)

I'm not really troubled by the pdf files, I can delete them from the
package since they are allready in the docdir I specified.
The file pam_unix.so  is allready there in /lib/security, so I gues I
can delete that one too from the package.

It are the files in bin/ that trouble me.... the way the package is
there are no files which will  be installed in /bin.

I even checked pam-0.75-48.rpm on the RedHat site..... they are not in
there either.

So why are they there? Are they for debugging or something?
Can I delete them from the package? Or do I need them to be installed in
/bin?

Peter

--
Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a
just man is also in prison.