Re: Making Linux use Blowfish for passwd/shadow encryption

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 03:51:37PM +0100, Mark Watts wrote:

> > > Ok, working on the assumption that my managment aren't going to pay
> > > someone else... are there any patches around for Mandrake 9.1 ?
> >
> > I'm not aware of anything for Mandrake 9.1 specifically, but with some
> > C, Makefile, and RPM skills you should be able to apply the crypt_blowfish
> > package available at the URL I've referenced above.
>
> Bleh, I was so hoping you weren't going to say that :)

Actually, it's mostly just Makefile and RPM skills.  You don't need to
deal with C much.

> Patching glibc looks easy, but patching everything else looks hard...

You don't really have to patch "everything else", once you have
crypt_blowfish in your glibc, you can build our tcb suite and use
that (the NSS and PAM modules).

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598