Re: PAM not resolving pam_sm_setcred

You should still have the other functions defined, and return an ignore or success value, depending on the function itself. Every module should have the functions.

Joe

Inger, Slav (S.B.) wrote:

Hello,

I'm developing my own PAM module with gdm being the front end, and I'm
seeing this in /var/log/messages: "gdm[<PID>]: PAM unable to resolve
symbol: pam_sm_setcred".  My module isn't calling pam_sm_setcred(),
everything compiles fine using "-lpam" flag.  I'm assuming
pam_sm_setcred() is getting called by the PAM framework itself
somewhere.  The only function my module implements is
pam_sm_authenticate().  I don't think I was seeing the "unresolved
symbol" messages before I started work on my own module.  Do you guys
think this is a serious problem?  Thanks.