Re: Broken default route in ppp

On 1 May 2003, Jerry Hubbard wrote:

> Please, someone, point me in the correct direction, or show me how I am
> being such a dummy. This must be something simple.

This is the list dedicated for "PAM". I have answers for you below, but
you should consider discussing this on a more appropriate list.

> When hostnames on my home LAN are listed (hostname xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx)
> in etc/hosts, the ppp0 default route changes. (The localhost.localdomain

That is fine. Your examples below show it is the same. Use the -n switch
to not resolve the name.

> Where can I set the ppp* default route back to 0.0.0.0? Does anyone know
> why it changes.

It already is (for the destination). 0.0.0.0 is default. Use the -n switch
to not resolve the name (to "default").

As for why your connection doesn't work I don't know. Try using "ping -n"
to that gateway IP to even see if you can connect to it. Then try using
"traceroute -n" to see if you can even get to another outside host.

Remember this is pam-list. So consider using a different list.

Good luck.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/