Re: Problem with pam_chauthtok

Hi Rohit,
    I doubt whether you can use the use_authtok or use_first_pass
    without any stacking, These options will try to get the password
    info from the first module stacked in the configuration file for
    this application.
  Hope this helps.
Regards
Bandi

Rohit Raveendran wrote:

> Hi Bryan W. Clark,
>
>     Thanks for the response. I tried with
> password        required        pam_unix.so use_authtok
>
> Now also it gives the same error message.
>
> Regards
> Rohit
>
> Bryan W. Clark wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Rohit Raveendran wrote:
> >

> >>auth            required        pam_unix.so
> >>account         required        pam_unix.so use_first_pass
> >

> >>password        required        pam_unix.so use_first_pass
> >

> >   This is just my best guess here, but I think what you might be looking
> > for is:
> >
> >       password        required        pam_unix.so use_authtok
> >

> >   The use_authtok is both recognized by the password module as well as
> > what I believe your module is looking for.
> >

> >>session         required        pam_unix.so use_first_pass
> >

> >    ^^ UNIX Session doesn't recognize the "use_first_pass" argument, so you
> >       could probably leave that one out.
> >
> > http://mirror.clarkson.edu/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/pam-6.html#ss6.26
> >

> > ~ Bryan
> >
> > ---
> > Best Guess Scientist

begin:vcard
n:Bandi;Sridhar
tel;home:91-80-2716945
tel;work:91-80-2052886
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Hewlett Packard;SNSL India-ISEC
version:2.1
email;internet:bandis@xxxxxxxxxxxx
adr;quoted-printable:;;30c=3B HP=3B;bangalore;;560052;India
x-mozilla-cpt:;-23936
fn:Sridhar Bandi
end:vcard