IP address of remote host

Hi All,
   I've been trying to write a PAM module that checks users against the list of users currently logged on to Samba, and I can't find any good way of getting the IP address of the host they are loggin in from - PAM_RHOST returns the hostname rather than an IP address.
   Is there a PAM_ITEM or anything with the IP address in?

thanks in advance,

Jim Potter