Access based on group membership

Hello,

I've been reading Linux PAM documentation several times and haven't found
any simple way to accomplish access restrictions based on group membership,
i. e. to allow access only to members of signle group XXX.

There is a (from my point of view) slightly complicated way when you use
pam_listfile module and a file containing only single line with group XXX.

Is this the best one? Or do I miss anythoing else?

TIA

Milan