Re: Apply changes after editing limits.conf

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I didn't know the RLimitCPU before your post.

This is what Apache says about this directive:

"...This applies to processes forked off from Apache children servicing
requests, not the Apache children themselves. This includes CGI scripts and
SSI exec commands, but not any processes forked off from the Apache parent
such as piped logs..."

I don't know if it is ok for PHP script, in fact I have a virtual host with
massive use of PHP and sometimes there are runaway Apache processes, for now
I added this line to httpd script before the daemon $httpd line:

ulimit -t 600 (10 minutes of CPU usage max)

and it seems works well, but I'll try also with your suggestion.

I know this is a bit off-topic but I hope it could be useful to someone...

Thanks, best regards.