smartcard login

Hi all,
I'm trying to get a smartcard login for my workstation(smartcard login and local login), and the program I'm using is MusclePAM from the muscleframework, so I compiled it and it created the pam_smartcard.so library, I believe I have to modify my login file in /etc/pam.d, so if i add something like
auth required /lib/security/pam_smartcard.so reader=0 (in this space do I add the address of the cert on my computer that I d/l onto card?)
at the top of the login file and then further down the file add something like

password required /lib/security/pam_smartcard.so
So I'm basically confused as to how to verify the login with the card, does it check somekind of password that i set on a card?or does it check a cert that I have to d/l onto the card?or does it just verify the card key?, also I'm using Schlumberger Reflex 72v2 reader, please help and many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sim

Using RHL 8.0