PAM with vsftpd & LDAP

Hi All,

I am having a problem setting up vsftpd with PAM for authentication against LDAP.

I can set it so users who have accounts on the local machine can log in using
this :

------------------------------------
#%PAM-1.0

# Uncomment this to achieve what used to be ftpd -A.
# auth       required     pam_listfile.so item=user sense=allow
file=/etc/ftpchroot onerr=fail

auth     required       pam_listfile.so item=user sense=deny
file=/etc/ftpusers onerr=succeed
# Uncomment the following line for anonymous ftp.
#auth    sufficient     pam_ftp.so
auth     required       pam_unix.so
auth     required       pam_shells.so

account  required       pam_unix.so

password required       pam_unix.so

session  required       pam_unix.so
------------------------------------

And I can set it so that users who have accounts stored in the LDAP can log in
using this :

------------------------------------
#%PAM-1.0

# Uncomment this to achieve what used to be ftpd -A.
# auth       required     pam_listfile.so item=user sense=allow
file=/etc/ftpchroot onerr=fail

auth     required       pam_listfile.so item=user sense=deny
file=/etc/ftpusers onerr=succeed
# Uncomment the following line for anonymous ftp.
#auth    sufficient     pam_ftp.so
auth     sufficient     pam_ldap.so
auth     required       pam_unix.so
auth     required       pam_shells.so

account  required       pam_unix.so

password required       pam_unix.so

session  required       pam_unix.so

But I can't get it so that it checks both the LDAP and local machine for
users.  I basically want it to check the LDAP first for users, if they are not in there, check for them on the local machine.

Thanks for any help,

Andrew McCall

the system manager.

www.oldham.gov.uk