RE: Win2000 PDC Authentication and Authorization

Thanks Mike, I'll try it.  Geoff, could you give instructions similiar to what Mike did, and where I could find documentation about the advantages you mentioned - particularly IAS Policies (not even sure what they are).

Thanks to everyone.

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Roberts [mailto:groberts@itc.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 11:36 PM
To: pam-list@redhat.com
Subject: RE: Win2000 PDC Authentication and Authorization

Hi,

We've implemented this using RADIUS (pam module from GNU radius from
memory). A few advantages, you can manage authentication separately with IAS
policies (IAS comes with RADIUS on 2000), you do not have to worry about
2000 domain only mode if you are using it (we are), you only need to open
the RADIUS port in one direction using state based firewalls (from memory
for windows authentication to work you needed a couple UDP and a couple of
TCP ports in both directions), we've found it simply to administer and
depending on settings can get good logging information on the 2000 box.

May be worth looking at as an option.

Regards,

Geoff