Re: Win2000 PDC Authentication and Authorization

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 09:55:02AM -0500, Whitmore Matthew E NPRI wrote:
> I'd like to authenticate/authorize against Win2000 Server PDC so there
> is one login/password instead of the users currently having separate
> login/passwords: one for Windows, and one for Linux.  I assume the
> users use the same password for both the Windows and Linux, but I'd
> like to have accounts for Windows and Linux centrally managed, using
> the PDC.

> I read something about Winbind for NT PDCs.  Is there an upgrade for
> Win2000?  Is this what I'm looking for?

If the Win2K PDC is running in NT4 compatibility mode, you should be able
to use pam_winbind without difficulty.  If it's a native mode domain, you
should be able to use either pam_krb5 or pam_ldap to achieve the same
thing (pam_krb5 is preferred).

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer