modifying /etc/pam.d/kppp

I would like to modify /etc/pam.d/kppp so that kppp is allowed by users in the group: dialout or so that kppp is authenticated by users listed in: /etc/kppp.allow as per the kppp manual. I have looked around on google but all I have found is instruction to change: rootok.so to permit.so . As far as I can tell doing that just gives all users access to kppp, which is not what I want to do.