From: pam-list-admin@redhat.com [mailto:pam-list-admin@redhat.com] On
Behalf Of Ben Falls
Sent: 02 December 2002 16:41
To: pam-list@redhat.com
Subject: LDAP Client Configs

I am attempting to set up LDAP authentication on a LINUX box, the LDAP
server is already set up and being used for Windows logins. I have
gotten
the LINUX (RH 7.3) config so that it does connect to the LDAP server,
however, I still have a couple of issues.

1) It seems that I must have a local account on the LINUX box that
matches
the LDAP account name. Is this normal?

2) When I do connect, it does authenticate to LDAP, however if I change
my
password at the command prompt, it changes it in the OS not in LDAP
(except
for the very first login). At that point I can login using either my
LDAP or
system password. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Ben