Re: Re: redhat nis client, freebsd nis server

I just noticed that when I do a 'ypmatch user passwd' on bsd, I get a "*"
in the passwd field, while redhat seems to want an "x". Since I'm using
shadow as the password map in redhat, and master.passwd as the password
map in bsd, should I change all the "*'s" to "x's" in the shadow source
file used to build the shadow map for nis?

Greg