From: Maarten Buiter [mailto:maarten@fredhopper.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 10:14 AM
To: pam-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: PAM support

Hi Neelay,

Check for presence of a file called pam.conf in /etc (old configurations)
or for the presence of the /etc/pam.d directory (new configurations)

If your system doesn't have either this pam.conf file nor the pam.d
directory
your system does not support pam, in which case I'd upgrade my system
to a more recent version of Linux.

Maarten Buiter